There is nothing more quintessential than an Aussie Christmas barbie! And no barbie would be complete without it's quintessential side dish. The humble potato salad is made complete with Kielty's pear whisky spiced mustard and a generous pinch of bacon salt from Bacon Jam Factory. It is a swoon-worthy edition to any summer BBQ.
⦁ 1kg potatoes
⦁ 1 cup Mayonaise
⦁ 4 large eggs
⦁ Kielty's Whiskey pear spiced mustard
⦁ Bacon Jam Factory bacon salt
⦁ Garnish with chopped spring onions
1. Place the potatoes (pick a waxy variety) into boiling water and parboil for 5-7 minutes. Add your eggs in at the same time but boil them for 8 minutes in total.
2. Once your eggs are done drain and leave the eggs in cold water to cool.
3. Either halve or quarter your potatoes depending on how chunky you like it.
4. Heat your grill to high heat. Drizzle some olive oil and season your potatoes with salt and pepper and cook, for 8-10 minutes or until lightly charred.
5. Place your grilled potatoes with your cooked eggs into a large bowl. Make sure to cut your eggs into quarters.
6. Dress with mayonaise, Kielty's whiskey pear spiced mustard, then season with Bacon Jam Factory bacon salt and pepper while its still warm so that it can absorb all those amazing flavours.
7. Finish by garnishing with chopped spring onion. Leave to cool naturally then seal tightly and place into fridge. Leave for at leasta few hours, preferably overnight to give the flavours more time to develop.
Dress the salad while its warm, so that it can absorb all the flavors!
Pick potatoes that are waxy and thin skinned eg creamers, fingerlings and yukon gold. They hold their shape after cooking . Try and pick potatoes that are roughly the same size so they cook evenly.