1 can of chickpeas (grams) or 1 ½ cups of cooked chickpeas
¼ cup of lemon juice (1-2 large lemons)
¼ cup tahini
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
Fine sea salt to taste
1-2 tbsp of Rose Harissa to taste
2-3 tbsp of ice water, as needed
Garnish with: olive oil, dash of paprika or sumac, chopped parsley, or whole chickpeas
1. Place tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a food processor or blender, and combine for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and with a spatula and blend for another 30 seconds to help “cream” the tahini and keep the hummus smooth.
2. Add half of the cooked or drained chickpeas and process for 1-2 minutes. While it is blending, drizzle in the oil. Scrape the sides of the food processor, then add remaining chickpeas and 1-2 tbsp Rose Harissa. Process until thick and smooth.
3. If the hummus is too thick, slowly add 2-3 tablespoons of ice water until you reach the desired consistency.
4. Taste and adjust with salt or lemon juice as needed.
5. Serve with your garnishes of choice. Hummus keeps well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week.