Grilling over charcoal is a method of barbecuing that has gained popularity again in recent years, and we can understand why. The charcoal can burn incredibly hot which is perfect for grilling but it is in fact the drippings from your food that fall onto the hot coals which imparts that beautiful, unmistakable flavour we all crave.
Combine that with the exotic spices found in Josh&Sue’s lovingly crafted Rose Harissa paste and you’ve just discovered a BBQ favourite for years to come.
- Medium to large whole chicken
- 3 tbsp Josh&Sue's Rose Harissa
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, mix together a marinade of Rose Harissa, lemon and honey
2. Marinade chicken 4 hours to overnight
3. When ready to grill, bring chicken to room temperature
4. Fire up the grill to medium high
5. Sear chicken on all sides to create grill marks
6. Cook over indirect heat for 45mins or until internal temperature reaches 74 degrees celcius
7. Rest for 10 minutes and then serve
Optional: Serve with pita bread, garlic dip, pickles, tabouli and chips
Make sure that the chicken is room temperature before cooking to ensure even cooking.