Mabu Mabu Pineapple Hot Sauce
12 large prawns with shell-on
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 garlic cloves crushed
1 lemon finely zested and juiced
½ bunch Vietnamese coriander (can substitute with basil)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Optional: grilled pineapple
1. Prepare the barbecue for direct cooking over high heat, 230 - 260 degrees.
2. Place garlic, sea salt and black pepper into a mortar and pestle and pound into a rough paste. Add this to a bowl with coconut oil, lemon zest and juice.
3. To butterfly the prawn, run the tip of a sharp knife along the back of the prawn shell and open up like a book. Pull out the vein, toss the prawns in the marinade and let it sit for about 25 minutes.
4. Grill prawns over high heat for 3 minutes or until cooked through
5. Slap the Vietnamese coriander in your hands to release the aroma and flavour. Tear into small pieces and garnish on top of prawns along with Mabu Mabu pineapple hot sauce.